Homesteading Blog vs. Televisual land Trip Away From it All - Travelling In the Rain and Eating at Denny's Comic Strip Idea - 1st Church of Whatever Cat Food Doesn't Really Taste Bad! The Irony of NOT Towing So many misadventures in just one day! I had to list them in order to remember them all! I was trying to decide what to do yesterday, while skimming various blogs and comics and emails and facebook, etc. I was down to the last ones and had saved this particular blog for last, because it's usually like 'saving the best for last'. This specific one I find interesting is by a woman around my age, who knows how to do alot of homemade things, lives in Aussieland and even has tutorials on how to do things right! She gardens, cans, makes homemade soap and bread and other baked goods, raises chickens, the glorious list goes on! It sounds like alot of work but she manages to be somewhat self sufficient, something very admirable these days...a new trend that used to be...
I'm a no-one In a nowhere town Sitting with my book And my gas station coffee On a gazebo step At the library park. The cars and trucks whiz by They don't see me Even if they did Even if they know me They don't care. They're too busy Racing to nowhere To get to their Unimportant appointments With everyone Who doesn't really matter. The sky is gorgeous The rain clouds moved on The trees grew their shade For us to sit in To rush through To drink our coffee And read our books And race our vehicles To nowhere in a rush For our unimportant appointments. The church bells toll To remind us of the time They echo heartbreakingly Beautiful notes Chiming the time for us For anyone who cares to listen. Are you paying attention Do you even care Or are you busy rushing Whizzing by Do you hear Do you see Do you care? *I was told this song reminds someone of the song by Simon & Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Found this on another blog and thought it would be fun for everyone. Better than me spamming you at least, eh? Here's the rules: 1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions 2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten. 3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. 4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results. The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred: 1. Venison 2. Nettle tea - never had it 3. Huevos rancheros 4. Steak tartare 5. Crocodile 6. Black pudding 7. Cheese fondue - I miss my lil fondue pot from the 70s! 8. Carp 9. Borscht - Yes, a Polish guy taught me how to make it, it's delicious! 10. Baba ghanoush 11. Calamari - but I don't care for eating grissle! 12. Pho 13. PB&J sandwich - and I don't like them 14. Aloo gobi 15. Hot dog from a street cart 16. Epoisses 17. Black truffle 18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes 19. Steamed pork buns 20. Pista...
Comments