My rant for the day or week or whatever!

I stumbled across news that a woman was arrested on suspicion of kissing a $2 million dollar museum painting and smearing lipstick on a white canvas so I had to see what the originals looked like.
The paintings look so random that I can't help thinking she was merely helping the artist make the mess more interesting.
Maybe they were offended by a touch of realism on an abstract hodge podge!
I have to ask why they weren't encased in nonglare glass anyway and are they really worth that much?
What I saw by this artist looks like things a preschooler could easily do or for that matter someone with no artistic talent!
How in the world did his crap get in a museum and why would anyone think it's worth so much?
Perhaps I should merely slap paint on huge canvasses and allow it to drip then call it art and submit it to galleries or museums instead of working on perfecting things and remaining a poor unknown artist, you think?

Link to view twombly paintings
Another link for twombly images

(end of rant for now)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Towing Irony - 5 Misadventures In One!

Unimportant Appointments (A poem or a song, written by me)

VGT Omnivore's 100 List