Updates On Several Things!

Took care of an annoying situation with a stray kitten and got in a good walk on a nice day, all in one!

I ended up at my parent's old place, which looks dramatically different. I'll have to take pictures next time I go down there. Their dilapidated house was torn down and burned, all that's left is rubble and a few old falling apart outbuildings. Not to mention my sister's sad looking horses and a disgusting hog. Quite depressing, but I'll be going back to look through some stored boxes to see if there's anything worth salvaging. I saw some crocheted blankets and crockware, which might help "un-depress" (did I just get to make up a new word?) me when I get them home and cleaned up to use. Also a slightly damaged exercise bike that was my mom's. Not sure where to put that, but I want it for exercising when the weather is bad outside.

On the plus side, my niece's husband Billy was there and we discussed the current economic situation among other things. He was putting scrap lumber into a van to take to their trailer next door for building a deck. Turns out he has lots of experience doing alot of the things our place needs, and is willing and eager for some paying work. So I'll mention to Brian about having him do the residing, electrical and plumbing things our place has needed for a long time! Hopefully the insurance coverage for the repairs will cover the costs to pay Billy and he will get some needed income from helping us do things we really need. I look forward to seeing that all happen!

More to come on these subjects, so stay tuned:
  • Brian's Job Change
  • Brooke and Jim
  • Rick's Living Situation
  • Cafe Website
  • JList Items to Make for SL


Comments

Scribbit said…
Un-depress? Sounds like a good word to me!

Popular posts from this blog

Towing Irony - 5 Misadventures In One!

Unimportant Appointments (A poem or a song, written by me)

VGT Omnivore's 100 List