A very good way to catch mice!!
Living out in the country where your map looks like a patchwork quilt has its perks like being able to watch sunrises and sunsets. You can actually see the stars and constellations at night and traffic is reduced to distant semi's, occasional 4 wheelers or random aircraft.
One of the downsides is frequent unavoidable infestations of various rodents and insects. Numerous mice have been known to find their way into any open bags - be sure you close the chip bags and put them away! The animal feed bags are a favorite place for them to get in but they're unable to jump out. SO yesterday I realized the perfect plan would involve my cats/kittens assistance...
I dragged a large open bag of cat food onto the porch and slowly lowered the top of it so the cats could see what was in it. One cat jumped into the bag and caught a mouse that was trying to hide! As she tried to bring it out it got away from her but a kitten ran in and grabbed it. This funny little kitten sat on a porch step with the mouse in its mouth, growling ferociously for all it was worth to protect it's new catch from being stolen by any jeolous siblings! Since then, anytime I drag a feed bag outside, the kittens and cats come running to see what new treat is waiting for them to pounce!
One of the downsides is frequent unavoidable infestations of various rodents and insects. Numerous mice have been known to find their way into any open bags - be sure you close the chip bags and put them away! The animal feed bags are a favorite place for them to get in but they're unable to jump out. SO yesterday I realized the perfect plan would involve my cats/kittens assistance...
I dragged a large open bag of cat food onto the porch and slowly lowered the top of it so the cats could see what was in it. One cat jumped into the bag and caught a mouse that was trying to hide! As she tried to bring it out it got away from her but a kitten ran in and grabbed it. This funny little kitten sat on a porch step with the mouse in its mouth, growling ferociously for all it was worth to protect it's new catch from being stolen by any jeolous siblings! Since then, anytime I drag a feed bag outside, the kittens and cats come running to see what new treat is waiting for them to pounce!
Comments
Your story about the stars reminds me of when I first saw a night sky here.. I foolishly asked "What are those!?!" You know they are stars, but they seem so near and large it cannot possibly be real. Are your fireflies out yet??