Pony sold quickly!

Just a day after I placed ads in 2 horse/pony sale places I got several responses from the one in Equine Now! A woman and her 2 daughters made a 2 hour drive down to see her and were so pleased with her behavior and appearance that they decided to buy her and I got a check for her along with her gear. She road off in a blue horse trailer with a net of hay hanging in front of her. The girls are experienced with horses and the mom was very knowledgable about her confirmation, what she needed, what condition the gear was in, etc. She had been raised on a place that had 20 head of the same type pony so she knew what to look for. The pony went to a place that has 3 other horses in an organized 5 acres so she'll be ridden daily and trained for trail riding, probably for halter showing too. She's the perfect size for the 12 yr. old girl and didn't give either of them any trouble. I felt like I had done prep work for her to go to them because it seemed like a perfect match! I think she will get all the attention and training she needs and will be very happy where she is now...quite a relief to have the escapee where she belongs now! I felt very happy seeing the girls take charge of her and their confidence put me at ease about the transition.

Comments

Cymry said…
Yay! How are the kitties doing, did they move into the pony yard?
Anonymous said…
The kittens are growing and 4/5 of them are friendly, 2 more so than the rest, one is an attention hog like Schroedymous! They hide from midday heat or rain under the house, porch or vehicles but are often on the porch ready for attention, food and water. The only one I see venture out into the yard is Schroedy on his way to or from our trailer out back...he found a way into it and has claimed it as his home since he is no longer allowed in the big house due to spraying. He hasn't sprayed in the trailer, I think the former action was to claim the house since we have brought kittens into it, whereas none of them venture near the trailer, so it's a safe cat haven for him. He can be found napping on the rockers or sofa section in there at any time and welcomes human visitors!
Cymry said…
Uh oh, I hope he didn't gnaw his way through! What you say about the spraying is very true..my mother has a siamese that doesn't make any mess as long as she is only around the halfwit white fluffy cat. But, she can't stand my brother's cats and will pee outside of her box to claim parts of the house.

Popular posts from this blog

Towing Irony - 5 Misadventures In One!

Unimportant Appointments (A poem or a song, written by me)

VGT Omnivore's 100 List