Yes, it's been ages...
Things were going fine for a long while, then my XP got blue screens, decided not to work and I hit ctrl-F5 (or whatever it was) to start it over and lost everything I had on it. This was back in 10 or 11, '07.
I made sure to get Photoshop 7.0 and some other basic programs I needed but gone are the days of playing with other programs I dl'd because I lost the faves lists and can't remember names of most or where they were.
Today I'm missing the fractal program I had (can't remember the name) and there are time I miss Dogwaffle, but don't have the key info someone gave me. I also was going to learn Max 3DS....perhaps I had too much and it was time to clean things up? I lost all I had in Swish too. Oh well, the change came at a hectic time, holidays to plan for and I was sick often. So now I am back to wondering about getting some of the programs replaced that I lost but don't want to pester anyone for the info. I think it discouraged me about working hard on things because they can be lost so easily. Of course I should have had backup but there were no available dvds or cds at the time for me to copy things on and I didn't want to wait till someone showed up to fix things, so I took the law into my own hands.
I'm not crying over spilt milk, just making plans for how to use this computer now that I have so much room on it.
Besides all that, I have been sick so often that I don't forsee going out to get another job. The last one was stressful to the point of forcing me to quit and go to a Doc. I was diagnosed with 4 things wrong, all digestive. So now I am looking at applying for disability. *sigh*
That's it for now. Going to catch up on some cleaning in the kitchen, then play in SL. I'm going to a tea house to share haikus and poems I found about the theme for this week - snow! The people there are friendly and polite, so I enjoy going.
TTFN!
I made sure to get Photoshop 7.0 and some other basic programs I needed but gone are the days of playing with other programs I dl'd because I lost the faves lists and can't remember names of most or where they were.
Today I'm missing the fractal program I had (can't remember the name) and there are time I miss Dogwaffle, but don't have the key info someone gave me. I also was going to learn Max 3DS....perhaps I had too much and it was time to clean things up? I lost all I had in Swish too. Oh well, the change came at a hectic time, holidays to plan for and I was sick often. So now I am back to wondering about getting some of the programs replaced that I lost but don't want to pester anyone for the info. I think it discouraged me about working hard on things because they can be lost so easily. Of course I should have had backup but there were no available dvds or cds at the time for me to copy things on and I didn't want to wait till someone showed up to fix things, so I took the law into my own hands.
I'm not crying over spilt milk, just making plans for how to use this computer now that I have so much room on it.
Besides all that, I have been sick so often that I don't forsee going out to get another job. The last one was stressful to the point of forcing me to quit and go to a Doc. I was diagnosed with 4 things wrong, all digestive. So now I am looking at applying for disability. *sigh*
That's it for now. Going to catch up on some cleaning in the kitchen, then play in SL. I'm going to a tea house to share haikus and poems I found about the theme for this week - snow! The people there are friendly and polite, so I enjoy going.
TTFN!
Comments