Kittens Returned

At the beginning of this week I made the mistake of setting a bag of trash out on the porch with the intention of carrying it to the burn pile and then forgot about it. (I had been doing alot of cleaning and wanted to get the bag out of the way. Since I live in the country I have my cans and bottles picked up but burn the paper in a bin out in the back yard.)
The next morning I found a surprise from a racoon - bag torn open at the bottom and trash all over the porch. It took a few minutes to clean and burn but I noticed no kittens or momma cat at their usual feeding station or anywhere around the house.
Two more quiet sad days went by before I saw them again. All of a sudden when I opened the door yesterday morning they came scampering towards me instead of running away and looking scared.
Now they act happy to see me and recognize me as the food and milk lady instead of the monstrous giant that pops out of the huge noisy door hole in the building! Most of them let me pet and even pick them up sometimes!

P.S. Yesterday evening I glanced out the window to find out what made a louder sound than usual and saw a fat funny raccoon at the cats' feeding station. It ran off when I opened the door and I saw it peek from under the house.
"I see you down there you silly thing," I said as it looked up at me.
Beginning to wonder if I'll have a pet raccoon to tame. =P
P.P.S. I hung a silly toy mouse (that I had marinated in catnip) out on a porch rail for the kittens to play with and saw the big black cat draped on a step playing with it for a long time. This is a cat that has never been petted or handled and is afraid of us. Could catnip induce a euphoria that would supercede fear and help me tame the cat?

Comments

Cymry said…
Yea! They're Back! The catnip could make them more approachable or more aggressive..depends on the cat really. Try petting him next time he's in a catnip haze but wear a mitt! The raccoon story reminds me of a story Don told me..his daughter went out on the side porch really early one morning to feed the cat and reached down to pet it, then realised she was petting a possum that was eating next to it! She fell into the house screaming LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Towing Irony - 5 Misadventures In One!

Unimportant Appointments (A poem or a song, written by me)

VGT Omnivore's 100 List