With the wonderful downward spiral trend in our world economy, comes the time to tighten the proverbial belt and trim costs. Alas, this has never been a new thing for me. All my life I've learned to do with less than others. Partly because I came from a lower-middle-class family with a hard-working-drinking dad, stay-at-home mom and several kids. Partly due to the fact that I always had to share or learn to divvy things in half with my twin sister. Throw in other factors, such as moving lots so Dad could keep a decent job; later joining a full-time, non-profit group; later marrying a guy who did carpentry and then having a few children to provide for. Now that half the kids are gone you'd think it would be easier, but add the fact that I am unable to work now and depending solely on hubby's income. You get the picture yet? Here are some recent ideas I've had for dealing with the changes: I used to get my hair done every six weeks. My hairdresser friend originally wanted...
Comments