Ranting About My Bank
I should do something about the bank where my husband and I have accounts.
I went there to cash a check for my youngest daughter (she signed it and I forgot to).
I was asked if she had an account there, told them no.
I told them that my husband and I both had an account there.
They told me that we could have it cashed for a fee or take it to the other bank it was from (in the same town) to have them cash it.
I was aghast that the fee would be $7.50, also that they would charge when we've cashed checks from out of state, with no explanation as to why, no offer to drop the fee if I signed too.
We went to the other bank and were nicely told that it may have been because the check giver's info wasn't preprinted. They didn't charge us at all!
I'll probably call our bank and talk to someone in management early next week about it.
Interesting twist on it here...I have a friend who I mentioned to briefly about "ranting about my bank" that day and he asked "What bank? I'll buy it for you!"
He happens to be the son of two MBA pros and threatened his own bank with account withdrawal when they gave him a difficult time over a check for his inheritance.
He also dropped his parent's names, threatening to tell them what happened and to have them tell their friends.
He got his check within 24 hrs.!
(Of course he was kidding about buying the bank for me, saying they're headaches to own anyway.)
I went there to cash a check for my youngest daughter (she signed it and I forgot to).
I was asked if she had an account there, told them no.
I told them that my husband and I both had an account there.
They told me that we could have it cashed for a fee or take it to the other bank it was from (in the same town) to have them cash it.
I was aghast that the fee would be $7.50, also that they would charge when we've cashed checks from out of state, with no explanation as to why, no offer to drop the fee if I signed too.
We went to the other bank and were nicely told that it may have been because the check giver's info wasn't preprinted. They didn't charge us at all!
I'll probably call our bank and talk to someone in management early next week about it.
Interesting twist on it here...I have a friend who I mentioned to briefly about "ranting about my bank" that day and he asked "What bank? I'll buy it for you!"
He happens to be the son of two MBA pros and threatened his own bank with account withdrawal when they gave him a difficult time over a check for his inheritance.
He also dropped his parent's names, threatening to tell them what happened and to have them tell their friends.
He got his check within 24 hrs.!
(Of course he was kidding about buying the bank for me, saying they're headaches to own anyway.)
Comments
It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone about what happened to you guys.